- “Parachains code v1 probably a few weeks out” says Gavin Wood
- Parachains code v1 will be the bedrock for important future functionality including availability & validity, xcmp and parathreads
- Cumulus will be upgraded to work with parachains v1, xcmp-lite and be stabilised (this is also ongoing with rococo an important testing place for stability)
- Parachains final security should be fully implemented and audited for Polkadot
- The auctions pallet for polkadot audited soon and will take 1-2 weeks
- Writing History: The first teams submit their proposal to the Polkadot Treasury
- Substrate 2.0 released.
- #5 [Council] Upgrading Polkadot Runtime to v24 (Started)
- #8 Increase the number of Validators to 259
- #9 Taking back what the scammer took from a community member
- New Treasury Proposal Substrate ETL lets you convert blockchain data into convenient formats like CSVs and relational databases
- Discussion to gradually increase the number of validators over 100 eras
- Discussion to change how Validators can increase commissions
- Parachain auctions will begin on Kusama prior to Polkadot
- #85 Change the number of validators to 900.
- #35 Change the number of validators to 1000.
- Discussion on organizing a demonstration of Kusama’s capabilities for robotics technicians in universities.
- Discussion on tip to Kirill from Parity for reimbursement of “question bounties” during Decentralized Web Meetup #5.
- Discussion on creating a Validator Resource Center and Ranking Website for Kusama.
- Teams building on Polkadot can now submit their projects to be funded by the Polkadot Treasury.
- Web 3 Foundation is giving grants to those who are working on the advancement and adoption of decentralized software protocols.
- Supply of tokenized Bitcoin on Ethereum now tops $1.1B.
- Bluezelle is moving a distributed storage project onto Polkadot Substrate. Framework with the goal of becoming the de facto data layer for Web 3.0.
- How to Stake Polkadot on a Ledger Hardware Wallet video.
- Dapp.com announced that they are adding support for Polkadot and Kusama parachains, ecosystem components, tooling, and DApps.
Dates of Note
- September 24, 2020 8:38 UTC: Voting ends for referendum 5.
- October 14, 2020 1:56 UTC: Start of the next referendum voting period.
- October 15, 10-17 UTC: The Substrate Developer Community Conference
- Polkadot projects will be able to mint their own tokens in 2021.
- Sora referenda voting summary: Converting v1 XOR token to VAL, then giving VAL to ERC-20 XOR holders and the SORA Parliament, and modifying the model for the v2 XOR token so that supply is managed by a token bonding curve, backed by reserves.
- Acala Network’s parachain is now fully compatible with Ethereum.
Upcoming Token Launches
Have token launch updates? Please contact us for screening.
- SEC, OCC Issue First Regulatory Clarifications for Stablecoins
- European Union seeks strict regulation of crypto and stablecoins in new draft law.
- Understanding China’s Digital Yuan analysis.
- EU seeking comprehensive crypto regulation by 2024.
- 49 U.S. states have agreed to a single set of supervisory rules for money. services businesses, including cryptocurrency service providers.
- Beginner guide for creating your first substrate chain.
- Free 24 week blockchain course by Bill Laboon and Web 3 Foundation.
- Building a blockchain in Rust & Substrate.
- The Substrate Developer Community Conference.
Other Crypto Related News
- Uniswap launches its protocol token UNI.
- Avalanche main network released.
- Ethereum Co-Founder Vitalik Buterin funds 13 projects using gitcoin
- Chainlink nodes were targeted in an attack last weekend that cost them at least 700 ETH
Please Support Us By Nominating Our Validator: Polkadot Weekly